Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Asia > Southeast Asia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

My new favorite cooking channel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabebwana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new favorite cooking channel
    Posted: 10 October 2019 at 13:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK6FR59Dd9E

I think they're Cambodian, but they don't speak English, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, it's amazing the dishes they are able to prepare over a wood fire in a little hut in the woods.  I'm able to guess at some of the ingredients but, in many cases, they're simply pulling leaves or roots from the surrounding vegetation!  And the crowing roosters and ducks feeding around the food prep area are just too quaint!  Despite that, their food prep seems to be very sanitary.

And they have no shortage of available protein, willing to cook snakes, grasshoppers, beehives, cow stomach, pig intestine, stingray, whatever.  Though the crab and shrimp stuffed whole pig was a masterpiece!  What is even better is that they really try to use the whole animal, with no waste.  Green living at its best!

Personally, I would try every single thing I've seen them cook!

What bothers me are the comments.  Some people are so rude.  If it's not for you, don't keep watching.  And don't criticize other culture's food.  They're not eating people, for heaven sake!
Sponsored Links

pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 09:09
Originally posted by Wannabebwana Wannabebwana wrote:

What bothers me are the comments.  Some people are so rude.  If it's not for you, don't keep watching.  And don't criticize other culture's food.  They're not eating people, for heaven sake!

Seems to be a general problem with everything lately. Everyone has to speak out about anything that's not exactly to their liking. Like the whole world needs to cater to them exclusively and if they don't the world is going to end. I'm getting pretty sick of it.

I'll check out the channel, thanks for the suggestion. Smile
Mike
Life in PitRow - My often neglected, somewhat eccentric, occasionally outstanding blog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic