Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!
Bretagne Mussels & Fries
Joined: 03 February 2012
Location: Madrid & Puglia
Posted: 11 April 2017 at 05:27
In Brittany ( Bretagne ) on France´s Northwest Coast, Mussels are in Season along its 2,000 Mile Atantic Coastline. Perhaps, a visitor may find " Fries " to be a bit of surprise as a side, however, they are quite popular .. And maybe served with home made Mayonaise or home made Dijon Mustard Mayonaise.
Here is the recipe .. ( Recipe for 2 servings )
16 ounces potatoes for Fries ( prepare your fries as you prefer .. )
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves forced through a press
3 tblsps of French or French style butter unsalted
2 tsps dry mustard
2 tsps water
1/2 cup mayonaise hand made
1 cup dry White wine of choice preferably French
2 pounds of Mussels ( serves 2 )
2 tablesp: Fresh chopped parsley
THE MUSSELS ..
1) Slice the tiny onion with a slicer and add a pinch of salt ..
2) Sauté in butter until lightly Golden and add the Pressed garlic with a pinch of salt and sauté until Golden. ( Cover ).
3) Now, add the White wine and briskly simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add the mussels .. ( of course, wash the shellfish and de-beard whiskers )
5) Simmer until the mussels open wide.. ( 4 to 6 minutes depending on size of mussels )
6) Now, gently put in large bowl ..
7) Stir the minced parsley into the liquid from cooking the mussels and stir ..
8) Discard any mussels that do not open ..
9) Pour this White wine reduced liquid over the mussels.
10) Serve with Fries on side in shape of your preference and with a home made Mayonaise with or without Dijon Mustard ..
Simple and delicious ..
Gourmet´s Choice - Time Out In Spain ...
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum