Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > The FOTW Farmer's Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Olio Carli

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olio Carli
    Posted: 18 February 2011 at 04:31
I wanted to let all our members know about a deal I just took advantage of.
Olio Carli is one of the very best purveyors of olive oil in all of Italy, and they supply by mail only. Their oil cannot be found in shops, even in Italy.

I received a mailing that I could not refuse...They are sending me a case of 6 pint bottles of extra virgin oil, a lovely carafe to store it in, a matching apron and tea towel and they are shipping it all for free.

This company is for real...they are the sole providers of olive oil to the Vatican, and also to The House of Savoy (whatever remains of the royal family).

I'm taking the leap on this one, because there is no obligation whatsoever to receive future shipments of anything, and the grand total is $29.99 for everything I mentioned above.

The first link in the post will take you to their website, and this one to the deal I was speaking about. You'll need a promo code at this page. I don't know if mine will work more than once, but just in case...it is Uj4.  If it does not work, you can call customer service at 1-866-259-3165 to get one.
Go ahead...play with your food!
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 07:59
I've heard of this oil before, but never tasted it. Sure sounds like an outstanding offer!
got14u View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got14u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 09:57
I'll stick with my bacon grease...lol...That does sound like some good stuff tho
Jerod

Life's hard, it's even harder when your stupid.
Boilermaker View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 15:50
I got in on one of these deals a while back and have been waiting for another special offer as I am down to my last bottle, this is wonderful oil.

Thanks a lot for posting this Dave, it appears that your code will work for me as well.Clap
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 15:57
Originally posted by Boilermaker Boilermaker wrote:

I got in on one of these deals a while back and have been waiting for another special offer as I am down to my last bottle, this is wonderful oil.

Thanks a lot for posting this Dave, it appears that your code will work for me as well.Clap

sure hope so Andy...I'm really looking forward to trying that oil. Maybe we can compare notes.

Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 19:15
Dave,

You're gonna like it, it is fantastic olive oil, really almost too good for cooking but awesome for dipping and drizzling, I could almost drink the stuff.  Love it!
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 19:20
It worked!!Thumbs Up  Yee ha!  I get six more bottles.

If anyone on the forum is sitting on the fence about this you need to go ahead and do yourself a favor and place an order,  I love this oil and this a smoking deal.  This is only 5 bucks per half litre bottle and the towel, apron, and carafe are nice too.  You can't touch oil of this quality at the market for anything near this price.

Thanks a bunch Dave, you just made my day!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 20:02
I researched this and it sounded like it was a top notch deal for the best olive oil around.

Turned out to be everything they claimed, plus. This is serious, best of the best Virgin Press olive oil one can get on this planet today. No hyperbole. Period.

I would love to buy into this deal.....a steal actually. I'll check with the budget. Thanks for the heads-up Dave, that was squared away! Clap
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 20:50
Originally posted by Rivet Rivet wrote:

I researched this and it sounded like it was a top notch deal for the best olive oil around.

Turned out to be everything they claimed, plus. This is serious, best of the best Virgin Press olive oil one can get on this planet today. No hyperbole. Period.

I would love to buy into this deal.....a steal actually. I'll check with the budget. Thanks for the heads-up Dave, that was squared away! Clap

Do it, John.
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 18:38
I got mine today!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 18:53
Hey congratulations!! Clap

Good lord, tell us what it tasted like...what you thought of the packaging.....did you drizzle some on some bread and eat it? White sandwich bread is fully approved for situations like this.....Tongue

Man, you have the goods right now. Good deal.
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 13:19
I'm gonna dip some Portuguese rolls in this tonight and savor every little nuance of this wonderful smelling oil.
I'm incredibly impressed with the freebies....the apron is large and very well made, and the doggone tea towel is almost the size of a bath towel!

Something tells me I will be doing business with Carli on a regular basis! Will be back with a few pics and the tasting results.
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 03:30
We decided to eat light last night, so I made a salad and steamed up some mussels in white wine, garlic and butter. Mussels are cheap right now so we took advantage.
To go along with that I filled the decanter with some of the olio carli, then split a couple of Portuguese rolls, drizzled them well with the oil and toasted the rolls in the oven. I also put a small amount on a plate to dip my toast.

My first two impressions of the oil were the distinct aroma, and the unbelievable viscosity  of it.
I use extra virgin oil all the time, but this is thick...it leaves the decanter almost like a syrup, and is so,so tasty!
Fruity yet nutty ...a wonderful combination. This is a terrific oil for the price,
It will be reserved for use as a dipping oil, or a finishing oil for pasta, salads.

Two thumbs up to the fine folks at CarliThumbs UpThumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 13:51
That sounds perfectly delicious, Dave. Mrs Rivet bought me a surprise gift of the sampler (at the beginning of this thread) and I am eagerly waiting for the delivery truck!
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 15:26
I've had Olio Carli before and my experience with it mirrors Hoser's, it is an excellent olive oil.  I have a batch of no-knead bread fermenting right now and I plan to eat it with Olio Carli tomorrow.  Can't wait for some fresh chewy bread dipped in Olio Carli and a bit of fresh cracked black pepper.  The extra goodies are also very nice, I have been using my towel and apron from my last sampler for a couple of years now, very heavy and well made.

You will love it, John.
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 15:59
Andy...have you ever tried their balsamic vinegars?
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 16:09
Originally posted by Hoser Hoser wrote:

No, but I'll bet they are wonderful.  Good balsamic is almost like candy.  The oil sampler is a heckuva deal, isn't it?
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 16:40
Originally posted by Boilermaker Boilermaker wrote:

Originally posted by Hoser Hoser wrote:

No, but I'll bet they are wonderful.  Good balsamic is almost like candy.  The oil sampler is a heckuva deal, isn't it?

Oh, yeah! I'll be a repeat customer for sure.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 15:21
Today the UPS man came by the door to drop off the secret gift my wonderful and beautiful wife bought for me after I told her about Dave's initial post (above). It was a very nice and a very big big box.

I was impressed with the quality packaging overall- everywhere the materials were top-grade, bubble wrap for days and the corrugate for the bottles inside not only much higher grade than necessary (and laminated in 4 color print stock as well), it was all shrunk-wrapped too. Excellent first impression.

The intro sampler package was all this for $30. can't beat it~

Loved the apron....it is huge, real nice and roomy and all cotton, very important for the hot kitchen or BBQ grill hours us cooks spend wrapped in extra cloth!

I tasted the oil...outstanding, and immediately apparent that it is very high quality olive oil. Light; fruity; olivey; almost floated on my tongue, bringing a summery, sunny afternoon, full of its garden flavor right into my mind...excellent! This is definitely flavoring oil, savoring oil, olive oil that should be eaten freshly poured over food. I can imagine this olive oil to be delicious as-is over summer-garden tomatoes still warm from the sun and fresh cut basil. Wow.

I also ate a teaspoon of two other olive oils we have to compare it against. Tried Garapelli and Sapori, both extra-virgin, but from Mediterrenean olives (Spain, Turkey, Greece) not just Italian ones.

Carli's oil was light years finer, fruitier, tastier, lighter, than any of the other two (which are darn good in their own right). This oil is not for cooking, but for savouring. It's top grade olive oil, and a nice eye-opening introduction to the best around. I had never tasted it before, and I like it! I could drizzle some of this on grits and love it....seriously.

For $30 this intro package is much more than a bargain...almost a steal. Literally.

Dave, thanks for the heads-up on this, it is certainly appreciated over here!

Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 17:23
This truly is an amazing value and it is encouraging to find that in today's world there are still companies such as Olio Carli that will extend such a generous offer as this to introduce people to their wonderful products.  Companies such as Olio Carli deserve our patronage and support, I am a small businessman myself and they do business like I do and that means something to me.  Theirs is a wonderful product and their service is outstanding and that is a testament to the fine people who own and operate this company.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic