Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Food Groups > Grains, Breads and Baking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

better-than-sex cake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: better-than-sex cake
    Posted: 18 October 2011 at 14:05
everyone knows this one - and if you don't, you should! very easy, and very delicious.

here's all you need (the eggs are for the cake):

first, bake the german chocolate cake according to package directions:

then, poke evenly-spaced holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden (plastic, in this case) spoon:

they should look something like this:

then, drizzle out a can of sweetened, condensed milk, followed by a jar of caramel ice cream topping:

the ooey-gooey goodness will run down into the holes that you poked into the cake and turn it into moist, spongy deliciousness!

after the cake has soaked all that up, top it with cool-whip-style whipped cream:

and sprinkle crushed HEATH or SKOR toffee bars on top:

and that's it ~ enjoy!

this basic one is made with german chocolate cake and caramel topping. there can be, of course a dozen or more variations, depending on individual tastes. i know one that has worked really well is using strawberry cake and strawberry ice cream topping ~ try the original, or come up with your own combination....

...and as for the question of whether or not it really is "better," i guess you can decide for yourself!

If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Sponsored Links

Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 09:38
Tas,

Ha Ha ... Can´t  the two go together ?

Afterall, how can anything we eat, be better than the oldest human contact sport  in the world ?

Ha Ha ...

Yes, a bit gooey, however, there is a shower ...

Kindest. Tongue
Margi.
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
africanmeat View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:54
I am with you on this oneEmbarrassed
Ahron
Boilermaker View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 18:08
Originally posted by Margi Cintrano Margi Cintrano wrote:

Tas,

Ha Ha ... Can´t  the two go together ?

Afterall, how can anything we eat, be better than the oldest human contact sport  in the world ?

Ha Ha ...

Yes, a bit gooey, however, there is a shower ...

Kindest. Tongue
Margi.

She's got you there, Ron.  While that cakes looks marvelous I have to agree with Margi, maybe we can call it "Almost as good as the oldest human contact sport Cake". Tongue
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 18:28
i agree as well, guys - i'm just reporting the name as it came to me!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic