Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to the Foods of the World Forum > New Members' Lounge, Announcements and Site Assistance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

New Member Introductions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 17:11
We're happy to have you in our little corner of the culinary world, Terri.  Don't hesitate to jump righkt in on existing threads, or start a few of your own.
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
Sponsored Links

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2019 at 09:28
Welcome - and make yourself at home!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
bisbee View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2019 at 14:22
Hi...This is Rie....What a great forum....I have traveled extensively in my life and love to cook...I love all cuisines....I recently moved on our boat in Mexico....Cheers!
Thanks...Rie
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2019 at 14:24
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you share what you've learned.

Look around, pick out a few things on the forum and give them a try!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2019 at 15:34

Bisbee, 

Welcome to Fotw. 

Have a lovely weekend .. 
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Melissa Mead View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2019 at 08:43
Welcome, Bisbee!
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 15:40

Emill, 

Welcome to The Foods of the World Fórums.

Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2019 at 08:56

Ms. Delacroix, 

Bienvenue.   Welcome to  Fotw Fórum.   

Jules View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 21:40
Hey all! I am loving the info I have found here so far. Several years ago I decided I needed a hobby and so I started to really try and learn more about the culinary traditions and techniques of the world, I was cooking dinner every night anyway, might as well make it fun! I've tried over 500 new recipes in that time and still don't feel like i'm even close to being am expert on any one topic but i've enjoyed the endeavor immensely. I did learn that my favorite cuisine is Middle Eastern.

Anyway, I can't wait to chat and keep cooking.

Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 02:41
Welcome Jules!Thumbs Up Please don't hesitate to jump right in and comment or post your own projects. Checked out your homepage and it is very nicely done.

We're a pretty friendly bunch around here, and will be looking forward to seeing your creations.

Also...I took the liberty of posting a link to your homepage on your original post. 

Thanks for stopping in.Big smile
Go ahead...play with your food!
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 03:55

Jules, 

Welcome to Fotw. 

What a lovely blog ..  Definitely shall be checking it out. 

All my best wishes from Spain. 

Jules View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 09:30
Thank you both for checking out my corner of the internet, I refer to it as my portfolio since when cooking is your interest you don't always have much to show for it. So that is my way of having something to show people what I do.

The other part was I wanted to connect with other people researching and interested in food and culture to the extent I was, so this gold-mine of a forum is my new favorite place. 
Melissa Mead View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2019 at 17:52
Welcome!
timothyklein View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothyklein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 05:17
hi... i am a foodie traveler... looking for the suggestions to explore more and to learn more :)
Love for the food made me to start my own food takeaway business https://lapdfood.co.uk
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 15:32

Welcome Timothy Klein. 

May I ask, where is Stockport ?  England near Manchester área ? 

Please take a look around the Fórum and créate a post or make a comment or ask some questions. 

And have a lovely August. 

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 23:55
Welcome to our little corner of the culinary world, Tim.

You've come to the right place! A simple cruise through both current and older threads will show you numerous locations to explore global cuisines---both in person, and through the cooking of their foods.

Take a look, at just one example, at my Persiana thread.  It will provide several opportunities to explore MidEastern cookery in depth.  

Or check out the Iberia forum, and take a look at the numerous locales Margi has explored in Spain and Portugal.l

Or....well, you get the idea, I'm sure.
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2019 at 04:22

Historic Foodie,

Thank you. Very lovely of you to mention me.

Hope all is well and that you are having a wonderful summer. 
Max23B0 View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max23B0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 06:50
Hey Jerod hello and welcome to the forum
Atticus View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 10:05
Hello everyoneEmbarrassed,
I come from Vietnam, where there are great and fascinating street food. If you come to Vietnam please take a moment to try it. 
I am also developing a website: https://vnfooday.com/ about food. It is great to see this website and so many friends in the worldClap.
Nice to meet and get to know everyone.
I am very excited to be sharing with everyone about food and tourism in Vietnam.
Will you be my friend? 
Thanks very much!Heart
HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 13:01
Welcome to our little corner of the culinary world, Atticus. I hope you like it here, and that we'll be hearing from you on the various forums.

Vietnamese food and culinary matters have been seriously underrepresented, and you might be able to help fill that gap.  

Don't hesitate to join in on existing threads, or start two or three of your own. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic