Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to the Foods of the World Forum > New Members' Lounge, Announcements and Site Assistance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Donations to keep this forum in operation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donations to keep this forum in operation
    Posted: 11 June 2012 at 11:55
As most of you know by now, our web hosting service, WebWiz, is no longer able to provide free hositng service; however, they are able provide very affordable and user-friendly services. After looking at our options, we decided to stick with them and take advantage of their awesome servicec and benefits, including software upgrades, back-up services, hosting services and tech support. These services keep a forum fresh and in good health, and are well worth the modest cost, which amounts to just under 100$ US per year.

For those who would like to help keep The Foods of the World Forums running, please note the "donate" button at the top of the page. All donations are free-will and will be used soley for the expenses related to the operation of this forum, including service and hosting fees, upgrades, operations, promotions of the forum and similar expenses.

Your support is appreciated - Thank you!

Ron
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Sponsored Links

africanmeat View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 10:10
Ron thanks for your hard work, kipping this forum up and running .as promised i just did it.
Ahron
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 10:20
many, many thanks, ahron!Star
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 11:43
big thanks also to mike (pitrow) and "anonymous" for their contributions; i cannot tell you all how touched i am by your support!

ron
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 07:11
Many thanks to Karl and to Brook (HistoricFoodie)! Your assistance is much appreciated!Party
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 14:30
Big THANK YOU to my fellow-Montanan, George (MTMan)! When I get down in your neighbourhood, I owe you a beer!Beer
MTMan View Drop Down
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 18:14
Ron, The beer will have to wait until you visit coastal Oregon, I will be moving there in August!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 18:26
holy smokes!
HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 19:58
Hey, let's all go visit George. We can use the beer to wash down some dungenese crabs, which we can catch ourselves.
AK1 View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 21:10
I'm In!!! I've got 2 weeks of vacation in September.
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 01:46
ClapMany thanks to all our generous members who saw fit to donate and keep this forum alive, and hopefully getting better.
Kudos to you all!Clap
Go ahead...play with your food!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 08:55
and huge thank to you too, dave ~ you've been with me since the beginning, and through some big ups and downs - couldn't have gotten this far without you, and looking forward to many good times in the future! Beer
pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 09:33
Originally posted by MTMan MTMan wrote:

Ron, The beer will have to wait until you visit coastal Oregon, I will be moving there in August!

which part?
MTMan View Drop Down
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 13:14
Mike, I've bought a home in Brookings and will be moving at the end of July!
pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 16:09
Very nice! Haven't been down that far south on the coast since I was a teen, but I like it down there. Lovely part of the state and nice year-round weather.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 09:32

Big thanks to RichTee for his donation today ~ Beer

And if I have missed thanking ANYONE, please let me know. I try to post a thank you, even if it is to "Anonymous," and I do not want to skip anyone. Those two simple words do not adequately convey my appreciation for helping to keep this forum in operation, but they are the least I can do.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 09:53
Huge thanks to MuleSkinner for his generous donation!

Also, many thanks to "C.C." for your donation as well!

If I am missing anyone else, please let me know. I want to thank everyone for your support and your generosity. This forum cannot exist without your help!

Ron
HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 15:40
How does the fund stand now, Ron? Do we need to think of new donations for 2013?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 15:51
We're close, Brook ~

I'm going to talk to WebWiz and crunch some numbers, as I recall, we get a good discount for either 2 or 3 years, paid in advance.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:08
Many, many thanks to Ruth (HyeUp) for her donation! Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic