Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Food Groups > Fats, Oils, Sauces, Sweets and Condiments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

On Going Pasta Sauces: Part 1.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On Going Pasta Sauces: Part 1.
    Posted: 22 October 2012 at 11:25
Tas,

There are very few pasta shapes or sauces I dislike, though I am more a tomato based woman than a cream sauce fan. I also prefer ribbon pasta ( tagilatelli, linguini and fetticcini ) more than short pasta however, depending on the dish too. I am quite a fan of ravioli - home made of course, and tortellini or agnolotti ( crescent shaped ravioli ).

I am a Lasagne al forno aficionada big time ... My fave all time dish, homemade only with pasta homemade too.

Cheese, well, I am a cheese-a-holic, so when I only have Reggiano Parmesano and Pecorino Sardo, it is not because I forgot to pick up some, it is because we chowed down on a cheese platter !

LOL  All my best.
Margi.
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 09:14
I sure like the "quattro formaggio" type sauces, as well as the good, robust tomato sauces. For meat in sauces, I like sausages (whole or sliced), meatballs or seafood.....

The aglio e olio and the alla siracusa REALLY look good ~ it would certainly be worth it to see more of them ~
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 08:48

From 1 Pasta Fan To Another Pasta Fan,

Me too, love pasta, whether it is spaghetti and meatballs and a Marinara or a Shrimp Scampi on a bed of Angel Hair ...

Thanks for your contribution ...

I should do a PART 2 of SAUCES ... via Region & Province.

Marge. Kindest.
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 07:57

Photo: Fresh Crayfish.

Photo: Tomatoes.

Photo: Baked Sicilian Swordfish      Photo: Sicilian             Photo: Palermo Norma: eggplant, tomato
with capers, olives,                           Pesto.                       & Reggiano Parmesano.
tomatoes, Evoo & a
drizzle of lemon, and a
sprinkle of sea salt, and
freshly ground pepper.

*** Photo Courtesy: Public Domain - Photosearch.

Buonasera,
There are numerous traditional regional Italian sauces used in pasta dishes around the world. I am going to provide you a list of the most common and easiest to prepare. *** Note: some of these sauces are listed in recipes, written by myself and other members in the Italy Section on the Forum.

SALSAS DI ITALIA ...
1) Pesto Genovese: Fresh basil, garlic, pinenuts, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
and Reggiano Parmesano

2) Pesto with Pistachios: Pistachios, Basil, pinenuts, Evoo, garlic and Reggiano Parmesano  
3) Salsa di Noci :  Walnuts, Basil, Evoo, Garlic and Reggiano Parmesano

4) Sugo di Pesce: tomato, white fish varieties, fish stock, dry white wine, onion, garlic and Evoo

5) Aglio e Olio: garlic and evoo

6) Ai Fruitti di Mare: shellfish and seafood are the main ingredients; mussels, clams, shrimp, lobster, and crab. The sauce is composed of tomato, garlic, onion, dry white wine, shellfish stock and Evoo.  

7) Carbonara: pancetta and egg whites.

8) Puttanesca: capers, black olives, anchovies, tomato, dry white wine.

9) Burro e Savia: Butter, Sage and garlic.

10) All´ Amatriciana: Pancetta, tomato, Basilicata chili pepper and Evoo.

11) Alla Trapense: Tomato, garlic, basil, ewe cheese, Evoo and Reggiano Parmesano

12) Maccu di Fave: Butter beans, celery, tomato and Evoo.

13) Alla Norma: Eggplant, Evoo, garlic, basil, Pecorino

14) Salsa Rossa e Melanzane: red tomato sauce with eggplant

15) Alla Siracussa: thyme honey, fresh orange juice, pork lard, eggs and bread crumbs

16) Al Sugo di Maile :  garlic, fresh parsley, finely sliced pork, grated tomato,
Homemade Ricotta and Red wine.

17) Di Pesci Spada: swordfish, evoo, garlic, dry white wine, fresh parsley, tomato and dry white Sicilian wine.

18) Con Le Sarde: fennel bulb, spring onion, anchovies, raisins, pinenuts, saffron and Evoo.

19) Ragù Alla Bolognese: ground veal or beef, ground pork, milk, white wine, onion, garlic, pancetta, Besamel, tomato paste, tomato, beef stock, Evoo and Reggiano Parmesano.

20) Cacio e Pepe: Caciocavallo cheese and black pepper.

21) Alla Napoletana: beef stew style meat, carrot, dry white wine, tomato paste, tomato, Evoo, bufala di mozzarella, butter, celery, onion and pork lard.

22) Macademia Nut Pesto:  Evoo, basil fresh minced, garlic minced, grated Reggiano Parmesano Cheese and white pepper with a pinch of salt. Serve with Linguini, Tagliatelli or Fettuccini.

Have a lovely Canada Day July 1st and a wonderful July 4th,
Ciao, Margaux Cintrano.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic