Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Asia > The Middle East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Lamb Shish Kabob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lamb Shish Kabob
    Posted: 27 July 2012 at 05:16

Shish kabob is a great way to grill lamb.
i cut the meat ( i use leg of lamb) in to cubes ,Skewer them on a skewer with veggies .

i make a mix of cumin,turmeric,salt,pepper and all spice.

sprinkle it over the meat an hour before grilling.

and serve it on a flat bread with salt and tahini

thanks

Ahron
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 05:21
Great pix, Ahron!

Funny, but I've never been able to get shish kabab to work, cuz the meat and veggies cook for different times. What I do, instead, is put only meat on some of the skewers, and the veggies on others. Grill them that way, then combine the two to serve.

Other than that, we pretty much use the same flavorings, except I add a bit of coriander as well.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 07:17
very nice, ahron!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
ChrisFlanders View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisFlanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 08:03

Absolutely mouthwatering, Ahron! Lamb is so delicious.

Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 11:34
Ahron,

Your Kebabs are stunning !  Thanks for posting ... Gorgeous ... A must try ...

Since, I am in Puglia, at the Condo on Adriatic and our bathrm was just renovated, and now the kitchen;
I have been anxious with the whole brand new Kitch ... and we love our open terrace and antique wood unbleached table out there ...

This would be the purrfect lunch !

Have great summer,
ciao,
Margaux.
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 12:39
Mmmm... kebabs! Yum! Nicely done.
africanmeat View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 04:50
Originally posted by HistoricFoodie HistoricFoodie wrote:

Great pix, Ahron!

Funny, but I've never been able to get shish kabab to work, cuz the meat and veggies cook for different times. What I do, instead, is put only meat on some of the skewers, and the veggies on others. Grill them that way, then combine the two to serve.

Other than that, we pretty much use the same flavorings, except I add a bit of coriander as well.
Thanks
I know, that is why i cut the meat in Small cubes so it Will be cooked at same time.
Ahron
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 05:04
Originally posted by Margi Cintrano Margi Cintrano wrote:

Ahron,

Your Kebabs are stunning !  Thanks for posting ... Gorgeous ... A must try ...

Since, I am in Puglia, at the Condo on Adriatic and our bathrm was just renovated, and now the kitchen;
I have been anxious with the whole brand new Kitch ... and we love our open terrace and antique wood unbleached table out there ...

This would be the purrfect lunch !

Have great summer,
ciao,
Margaux.

Wow a new kitchen ,enjoy it, send some photos , i love kitchens our live revolve around the kitchen.
we got a  big kitchen with a big table so we eat all our meals in the kitchen(or if it is a nice day we  eat on the balcony) , only if we got guests we eat in the dining room .

Ahron
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 05:04

Thanks guys

Ahron
Addtotaste View Drop Down
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addtotaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 01:18
These were delicious!
Check out some more recipes and reviews - www.addtotaste.co.za
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic