Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Topics > The Veranda
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

What´s Your Pasta IQ ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What´s Your Pasta IQ ?
    Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:34

NEW DISCUSSION:

Good Evening LOL

How is your Pasta IQ ? How many varieties of pasta do you prepare and know of ? What brands do you purchase and why ?

How many layers do you employ when setting up your Lasagne ? Which type of baking casserole do you use for Lasagne preparation ?

Which are your fave pasta types ? Sauces that you enjoy the most ?

Firstly, being 50% Italian, I can eat pasta literally 7 days a week, and never complain as there is such diversity. My fave types are the Ribbon types; tagliatelli and fettuccini; lasagne and cannellones. I also like baked pastas, Rigatoni for example. I absolutely flip for a variety of ravioli stuffed varieties. I am very fond of Angel Hair with Scampi ( cigales in Spanish ), shrimp or shellfish. Linguini with clam sauce or mussels Marinara are lovely too. Linguini which denotes Little Tongues, I prefer more than spaghetti number 5.

My fave sauces are puttanesca, bolognese, Norma ( eggplant & tomato Sicilian ) and pesto al genovese.

My Lasagne is prepared with 6 layers plus the 7th which is the homemade bechamel.

My lasagne is prepared in an Italian Professional Bologna casserole especially made for Lasagne al Forno or Vincigrassi. When we are in Puglia, we enjoy orecchiette, little ears.

In Madrid, I buy Barilla products. They work for me, or I prepare my own pastas especially ravioli or agnoletti ( crescent shape ) with a homemade cheese filling from my Nonna, Grandmom.

There are approximately 250 to 300 pastas off the top of my Italian side of the think tank.

Look very forward to reading all about your Pasta IQ and Lasagne preparing.

Kind regards.
Marge. LOL
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic