Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to the Foods of the World Forum > New Members' Lounge, Announcements and Site Assistance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

New Member: Luca from Italia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member: Luca from Italia
    Posted: 16 October 2012 at 09:42
Just a truly warm welcome to a gem of a friend and Welcome Aboard Foods of the World Forum.

Sempre,
Margi.
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

Luca Lazzari View Drop Down
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 09:48
Ciao from Italy

Really happy to be here, thanks Margi for the invitation Smile

And now I'll jump to that wonderful thread about charcuterie Italian style!

Luca Lazzari
Pavia, Italy
HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:03
Welcome to FotW, Luca.

Margi speaks highly of you, which is endorsement enough for me. So don't hesitate to jump right in and start posting.

Brook
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:10
Thank you Brook.

Margi is a great friend. One of the nice things of this Internet world is that you can meet great people across the globe.
I'll take a look around and I'll surely post something! Well, maybe Margi spoke too highly of me, so now I'm afraid I will make some "brutta figura"! (make a poor showing) LOL
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:15
Hello, Luca, and welcome to the Foods of the World Forums!

We look forward to getting to know you here, and are very grateful to learn what you have to share. Hopefully, we'll be able to also share a few things with you, as well.

If you have any questions, please let someone know - otherwise, feel free to jump into any discussion, or start one of your own.

Enjoy -

Ron
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:31
Thanks Ron for you warm welcome.

I do have a question: I spotted a couple of possible typos in the "home" page. How can I do to report them?

Luca
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:40

Any time you see translation or typographical errors, we would definitely like to know about them. One of our primary goals here is for the information to be reliable enough to use as a "library" for people interested in historical and international cooking, culture and related topics.

Feel free to send a PM or click here to email me any time, with a link to the post or topic with the error, and I'll be happy to look into it ~
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Patsa View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 11:07
Greetings, Luca, and welcome aboard!  I have become friends with Margi, too, she is a wonderful person.  We met when I was looking for a Spanish pastry and found out that we mutually know people that she works with.  How about that?  I am thrilled to meet someone from Italia, because I have lived there and Italian is my favorite language.  And don't worry, if you know Margi, non farai mai la brutta figura (you'll never look bad).     Big smile
Da vero mi chiamo Patrizia.
Saluti,
Patsa
Blessings,
Patsa
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 11:49
Originally posted by TasunkaWitko TasunkaWitko wrote:

Any time you see translation or typographical errors, we would definitely like to know about them. One of our primary goals here is for the information to be reliable enough to use as a "library" for people interested in historical and international cooking, culture and related topics.

Feel free to send a PM or click here to email me any time, with a link to the post or topic with the error, and I'll be happy to look into it ~

Thanks, I sent you a pm.
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 11:56
Originally posted by Patsa Patsa wrote:

Greetings, Luca, and welcome aboard!  I have become friends with Margi, too, she is a wonderful person.  We met when I was looking for a Spanish pastry and found out that we mutually know people that she works with.  How about that?
I am thrilled to meet someone from Italia, because I have lived there and Italian is my favorite language.  And don't worry, if you know Margi, non farai mai la brutta figura (you'll never look bad).     Big smile
Da vero mi chiamo Patrizia.
Saluti,
Patsa

Ciao Patrizia, and grazie Wink

OK, back to English. Well, my version of English, which is not surely the same English spoken in Cambridge...
I'll talk more about Italian food and eating styles, but I'm a natural born eater, so I like (quite) everything on Earth. Maybe this forum will be the ideal place to learn about food around the world, and to talk about the most different tastes and recipes.
Which is one of the things I like most!

Ciao
Luca
gonefishin View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 17:51
   Welcome Luca, it is great to have you here!

I look forward to your contributions.  It's really wonderful when this site specializes in food around the world, and we get participation from around the globe as well.

Welcome!
 Hug,
  Dan
Enjoy The Food!
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 01:05
Originally posted by gonefishin gonefishin wrote:

Welcome Luca, it is great to have you here!

I look forward to your contributions.  It's really wonderful when this site specializes in food around the world, and we get participation from around the globe as well.

Welcome!
 Hug,
  Dan

Thanks Dan, I'll try to be a passionate ambassador of Italian eating styles and food!

Bye
Luca
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 02:43
Great to have you here Luca....if there is ever anything I can help you out with don't hesitate to let me know. Like Ron said....we do strive to keep things as grammatically correct as we can.
Go ahead...play with your food!
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 03:24
Originally posted by Hoser Hoser wrote:

Great to have you here Luca....if there is ever anything I can help you out with don't hesitate to let me know. Like Ron said....we do strive to keep things as grammatically correct as we can.

Thanks Hoser, I will not hesitate! Smile
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 08:26
Luca, Buonasera,

I am so pleased to see you here, and just cannot wait to see your 1st thread ...

Abraccios,
Ciao.
Margi

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Souvlaki View Drop Down
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Souvlaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 10:24
welcome Luca, 

looking forvard for your recipes :)Smile

Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 12:32
Originally posted by Souvlaki Souvlaki wrote:

welcome Luca, 

looking forvard for your recipes :)Smile

Thanks Souvlaki! Working hard on those recipes (and gaining weight...) Smile
Melissa Mead View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 15:03
Welcome!
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca Lazzari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 11:44
Originally posted by Melissa Mead Melissa Mead wrote:

Welcome!

Thanks Melissa Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic