Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to the Foods of the World Forum > New Members' Lounge, Announcements and Site Assistance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Welcome Aboard Lupinus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome Aboard Lupinus
    Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:19
Lupinus, Buonasera,

Firstly, welcome aboard to FOTW Forum. I truly appreciate your post.

Would you be kind enough, to tell us how you found us and a little bit about yourself, in the New Members - Announcement Section ?  

Are you from South Carolina ( S.C.) ?  Near Charleston ?; a truly lovely small city chockful of historical memoirs & lovely gastronomy.  

Thanks so much again. My paternal Grandmother and my dad, and twin brother immigrated to Manhattan in 1920 from Milano, Lombardia.  My maternal family is French Swiss.

We have an apartment in Gargano, Puglia, and spend holidays there, thus, we adore Matera, Basilicata, as we have dear friends there and of course, the City is unique and needless to mention the epicurism ! LOL 

Have a lovely wkend.
Margaux Cintrano.

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:29
Southern Puglia ( Martina Franca): Ancient Trulli Architecture.

Welcome to FOTW Activeboards. It is a pleasure to have such a positive and lovely gentleman join our international roster of members discussing epicurism, historical foods, and geographical backgrounds of spices, herbs, dishes and cuisines from the 4 corners of the globe.

Please do take a few minutes to read our FounderĀ“s Introduction and guidelines, mission statement and suggestions on how to posts, replies, etcetra. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask our wonderful Founder Tas ( Ron ) or our Moderator Dave Hoser. They are cool dudes and shall be more than glad to assist you.

Look very forward to seeing your wonderful posts from Basilicata.

Historic District: Matera, Basilicata.

Kindest regards.
Margaux Cintrano.

Lupinus View Drop Down
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:39
I'm actually from the other end of the state  near Greenville, South Carolina. But I do love my visits to Charleston.

Sounds like they came over about the same time. My Great Great Grandfather left San Costantino via Napoli in 1920. His wife and their two sons, my Great Grandfather and his brother, left for the states a year later in 1921.
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:49
Buonasera Lupinus,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, there was an enormous Immigration Wave of Italians and other Europeans in 1920 - 1921. 

My Nonna Margherite , had co-owned a Trattoria in Little Italy, Manhattan Downtown, thus my profound interest in gastronomy and wines.

Photo Courtesy: Public Domain Internationalstock:
The Lupinus Plant.  

Would you mind, if I ask; Why the name Lupinus ?

I have never been to Greenville, just Charleston and have driven through to Florida;  however, my older daughter lives in Saint Augustine, Florida, and she has dear friends in South Carolina, and I believe either Greenville or Greensboro ?  I shall email and ask her.

What are your culinary specialties and culinary philosophy ?

Look forward to seeing some of your Basilicata recipes !

Kind regards.
Margi.

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 13:28
welcome, lupinus! very glad that you found your way herte. looking forward to learning about your culinary heritage, and hopefully passing a few things along to you as well.

any questions, just ask!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 15:52
Welcome Lupinus....glad to have you aboard...please enjoy your time here and feel free to contribute....we are looking forward to hearing more from you.

Dave

Go ahead...play with your food!
gonefishin View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 08:04
Welcome Lupinus!  Can't wait to read your contributions!!!

Dan
Enjoy The Food!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic