Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Europe > Italy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Italian Bruschetta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Italian Bruschetta
    Posted: 28 January 2010 at 16:31

Italian Bruschetta

This recipe is actually from Italy. I've tried it and the taste is very good!

8 roma tomatoes, chopped into cubes
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1 bunch fresh basil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 dash salt and pepper
1 loaf long French bread, sliced

Chop roma tomatoes, red onion, and garlic; put into medium sized bowl, set aside.

Chop the basil until very fine, add to tomato mixture.

Add red wine vinegar and oil, salt/pepper and mix well.

Meanwhile grill/ or broil bread until just toasted, then top bread with mixture and serve.

Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 06:10
This looks wonderfulr, Ron! I might make some this weekend if the tomatoes look decent at the store. This will definitely be made this summer from garden tomatoooos!
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 09:06
this is outstanding and SO good with the freshest ingredients possible.

as you know, the olive oil you use can be important, and that is doubly true in this case. i've found the best olive oil in my arera to actually be one of the "cheaper" brands, a store brand called "western family." for some reason, this brand has a flavor that stands out far above more expensive brands. it probably doesn't quite compare to the 15$ bottles, but thena gain, i can buy 3 three bottles of WF brand compared to 1 bottle of the other.

same with salt and pepper! a person can use any salt, but i would recommend kosher salt at the very least - however, i've found sea salt to be pretty inexpensive and readily available, even here in nowherre, montana. for christmas this last year, i got a jar of mediterranean sea salt and am eager to try it with this recipe. as for pepper, you can go with a can of ground pepper, but try freshly-ground for a brighter kick!

little things like that make all the difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic