Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Topics > The Veranda
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Outdoor photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outdoor photos
    Posted: 01 February 2013 at 19:14
    Just thought it would be nice to have a thread to post generic outdoor photos that we didn't want to start a thread of their own.

Enjoy The Food!
Sponsored Links

gonefishin View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 19:17

Here's a pic of my son, Dominic, with his Darton Bow.  We bought it for him on his seventh birthday, it adjust from 15-55lbs.  I told him we bought this one, he's responsible for buying his next one!

Enjoy The Food!
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 19:19

Here he is out fishing, just off shore...no more boats for me!
Enjoy The Food!
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 20:40
Nice, Dan - can't wait for spring so we can go fishing!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 01:55
Good idea Dan...we had a thread going a while back that showed basically your outside barbeque area...where you "do your damage" so to speak. This is in the same vein...just pics to show off, not necessarily worthy of a thread of their own....I like it.Thumbs Up

Go ahead...play with your food!
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 05:28
Dan,

What a lovely idea ... and wow, is your son a handsome young in too ... Looks like Dad ? or Mom ?

This is a great contribution to Fotw.

Have a great wkend.
Margaux.
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 05:47
They let you keep them little uns up there, Dan? Embarrassed
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 08:50
Originally posted by HistoricFoodie HistoricFoodie wrote:

They let you keep them little uns up there, Dan? Embarrassed

No, they always get released back in the water.  I'll keep an ocassional catfish, but for down here...we need all the fish in the water rather than in our bellies. 

you think that last one was small LOL  He does love to go fishin' though.  Oddly, my oldest likes to go ice fishing...although we haven't had good ice in the last two years here.  We had two grown men fall throw the ice just a couple of weeks ago, both were fine.  What were they thinking!

Enjoy The Food!
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 08:57
Originally posted by Hoser Hoser wrote:

Good idea Dan...we had a thread going a while back that showed basically your outside barbeque area...where you "do your damage" so to speak. This is in the same vein...just pics to show off, not necessarily worthy of a thread of their own....I like it.Thumbs Up

I checked that thread out...nice!  There are some just flat out beautiful pics in there!  I'll have to get some pics of mine up there, if I can find them...others wise I'll wait for spring.

Originally posted by Margi Cintrano Margi Cintrano wrote:

Dan,

What a lovely idea ... and wow, is your son a handsome young in too ... Looks like Dad ? or Mom ?

This is a great contribution to Fotw.

Have a great wkend.
Margaux.

Thanks Margi Smile  He's way more handsome than I am, although there is some resemblance to me.
Enjoy The Food!
DIYASUB View Drop Down
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIYASUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 17:53
I'm fortunate to be in a position where I can see sunrises over the river quite often.

Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 20:26
   Absolutely breathtaking, DIYASUB!  Where is it?
Enjoy The Food!
africanmeat View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 04:01

At Perito Moreno 
Ahron
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 10:02
Beautiful photos, Bill and Ahron!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:27
I posted a few photos here:

They kind of all go together, and with spring arriving, they got me thinking about upcoming plans, so I posted them on their own thread ~
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:32
Wow. Beautiful photos everybody ...

Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:35
Good Afternoon,

Wow. Beautiful photos everybody ...  

This is a spruce my husband planted on the grounds of the vet clinic and lab, in Alcarria, Castilla La Mancha, Spain ... 82 kilometres from the Madrid Capital where we reside.

THE COUNTRY TRAIL FOR THE DONKEYS, HORSE, AND " ANIMAL FARM " AS WE CALL IT ... THIS PROPERTY IS OWNED & OPERATED BY THE VET GROUP THAT MY VET HUSBAND IS PART OF AND HE TOO, IS AN OWNER ... ( AS ONE CAN SEE, ALCARRIA, HILL COUNTRY IN CASTILLA LA MANCHA IS DRY ) ... AND IS QUITE RURAL ...

*** photos taken by: Margaux Cintrano.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:08
It looks like pretty nice country there, Margi - the dry, warm climate must be similar to Montana in the summer.

How long ago did Fil plant that spruce?
africanmeat View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:11
Thanks guys for the great post and the wonderful photos.Thumbs Up
Ahron
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:59
Tas,

I shall ask The Vet and post ... I believe he bought a baby spruce ... and thus, with the assistance of his colleagues, they planted --- however, I shall obtain all the details for you.

ALL the photos are lovely. ALCARRIA is very cold and dry in the winter, and arid and hot in summer.

The altitude ranges from 650 metres to 1.200 metres above sea level ... Lots of ravines and cliffs, and raw rural forest ...

M.C.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:06

Originally posted by Margi Margi wrote:

ALCARRIA is very cold and dry in the winter, and arid and hot in summer.

Montana is exactly the same with temperature extremes; our altitudes range from about 1800 feet (550 metres) at the lowest point to 12,800 feet (3900 metres) at the highest point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic