Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > Around the Kitchen Table
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

What's on the weekend menu?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 09:07
That sounds really good, Brook - I'm guessing that the orange and cumin would really play well together.
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 10:27
Thanks, Margi. It really is. But it takes time to prep.

Orange and cumin seem to be natural pairs, Ron. When I adapted the original recipe I went with tangerines instead of oranges, and they pair up even better.

The clementines are a happy compromise. But cutting them in supremes is, to say the least, a time-consuming pita.
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 11:13

Star  November 18th - Saturday ..

Since, I have always been elected to do a  Thanksgiving Lunch, I had gone to the  Farmer´s Market, the  Super Market downtown and the Central Market ..

I am going to prepare 2  ducklings ( oven ) for the Saturday after the actual holiday ..

Now I am hunting duckling récipes ..  I am not sure if I wish to go L´ Orange or  Papero con  Fruta, which is an Italian recipe:   Ducklings, 3 pears, 1 lemon, black or red grapes, cherries, Evoo, butter, dry White wine and stuffed with savoury and dried cranberries & various dried fruits ..  & Home made day old bread croutons.   

Any suggestions on duckling ?  Wanted to do something a bit different ..  

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 11:33
Most of my recipes are for wild duck, Margi, which cooks differently.

I do have an incredible recipe, however, for fried duck in ginger sauce, which I'd be happy to post if you'd like it.
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 13:59

Brook,

Sounds very interesting ..  These are small, and 1 duckling feeds 2 which is why I was given 2 ..

An Asian profile sounds fabulous ..

I would be very grateful  ..  Please post the récipe .. 

Thank you very much ..  

Have a lovely weekend ..
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 12:20
doriskirk View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doriskirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 23:25
Hey!
doriskirk View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doriskirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 23:30
Well, my weekend menu consists of: Local Italian restaurant because i love Italian Food! You should take a visit to one of my favorite restaurant in Brighton Colorado! Here is their business page if you wanna check their menus: Pinocchio's Italian Eatery
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 10:12
Yes, Italian cuisine is always wonderful.

Have a wonderful summer .. 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2020 at 06:37
Plans for the upcoming weekend include an eclectic mix of international flavors: Ladies Thighs (Turkish), Baked Bulgar (Persian), and Gratin of Shallots (Irish) on one night; Calamari (Italian), Rutabaga Puree, and Wilted Brussels Sprouts (my own recipe) on another. 
Melissa Mead View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2020 at 15:47
This past weekend, my mom + cousin gave me a PILE of veggies and leftovers! They made one of my best soups ever. Here's the recipe, if anyone wants to try it. (It JUST fit in a 3-qt Instant Pot.)
5 medium tomatoes, chopped.
1 onion, ""
1 green bell pepper, ""
1 stalk celery, "" (plus as many leaves as you can get.)
A handful of green beans, trimmed + cut into bite-sized pieces
1 grilled Andouille sausage, minced.
The kernels from 1 small ear of cooked corn
About 1/8 cup uncooked rice, rinsed.
Garlic powder +/or Penzey's Justice Seasoning, to taste.
Just enough water to cover everything.
Cook on the Rice setting, or however you cook rice.

It's great with wholegrain toast.
Percebes View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percebes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 20:21
Hot Sliced Pastrami on House made Ciabatta Buns slathered with Feta Bleu Cheese Spread
I am a wine enthusiast. The more wine I drink, the more enthusiastic I become.
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:23
Sounds damned tasty...do you geliver? Ya know...  covid and allWink
Go ahead...play with your food!
Percebes View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percebes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 11:32
Yorkshire Hamburger Casserole
 1 LB of ground beef, S&P- 1/2tsp Poultry Seasoning and 1/2c to 3/4 c Tomato Sauce all combined together and patted into base of a casserole. Bake at 450F for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with 1 drained can of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup  sweated chopped onions and drizzled with 2 Tbsp melted butter.

Then in separate bowl beat 2 eggs mixing remaining ingredients in order after each addition.
1 cup milk,1 cup flour,1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 2 Tbsp Melted butter.
Pour over Hamburger mix and bake in 450F oven uncovered for 30 minutes
Percebes View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percebes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 12:56
 Char Hickory Smoked Skillet Banana Bread with Cardamom, Chocolate Morsels and Skor Bits served with a Almond Chantilly Cream
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic