Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Europe > Italy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Meatballs with penne rigate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meatballs with penne rigate
    Posted: 07 April 2013 at 06:02
this is my take on meatballs .
1 kg ground beef 
1 onion sliced and Fried , salt , black pepper ,thyme, oregano,garlic powder .
bread crumbs ,2 eggs  fresh parsley and grana padano  .
mix all good .
i do a tennis ball size  meatballs .
in a tray caver with aluminum foil , and in to a preheat oven 200 to bake for 35 minutes .
for the sauce  i fry onion,garlic,salt black pepper , anchovies oregano ,tomato paste ,  Chopped tomatoes and   pinch of sugar  .
when it is ready  i add the sauce to the meatballs (so i can reheat it later )
and i serve it over Penne(pasta ) .
it  looks like that 

And my biggest critic loves it.

Thanks

Ahron
Sponsored Links

Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 07:21
WOW ARON,

NOBODY WOULD BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT ITALIAN OR WERE NOT BORN IN ITALIA !!! 

FABULOUS SAUCE ... LOVE THE COLOR ... what is your blend of ingredients for your sauce ? 

AND THE MEATBALLS ! THIS IS GORGEOUS MEAL AND OF COURSE UR ADORABLE GRANDSON LOOKS AS IF HE IS QUITE A FAN OF ITALIAN CUISINE ALREADY AT THE PRIME OLD AGE OF 2 !!! 

THANKS FOR POSTING. TRULY REMARKABLE WORK ...

MARGAUX. 
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Melissa Mead View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 09:06
The meatballs look delicious, and your "biggest critic" is adorable! What's grana padano?
AK1 View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 09:20
Grana Padano is a type of parmesan cheese from Italy. Very similar but just slightly different from Regianno.
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 09:40

Melissa,

GRANA PADANO is a semi cured or cured ( aged ) air dried cow cheese from LOMBARDIA, that is somewhat yet not, similar to Reggiano Parmigiano from Parma, Emilia Romagna. It is alot less expensive than Reggiano Parmigiano. It is grated on pastas, and employed in similar fashion to Reggiano.

Have nice Sunday.
Margaux.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 09:38
Beautiful meatballs, Ahron - they look perfect, swimming in that sauce!

I love that they are all-beef (beef + pork is good too, but we're not able to get good ground pork very often), and will definitely try your recipe!

Bravo!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
africanmeat View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:22
Thanks guys and girls for the good words.
Ahron
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 13:11
Aron,

May I ask if you would mind, posting your tomato sauce on a separate thread, so that all members could prepare it the exact same way that you Have ?

THANKS SO MUCH.

Margaux.
gonefishin View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 13:14
   Those meatballs look fantastic, Ahron!  You also seem to have a very satisfied customer there...nice job!
Enjoy The Food!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic