Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The US and Canada > Eastern Canada
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Smokers on the site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palladini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smokers on the site
    Posted: 30 July 2013 at 15:21
Who here In southern Ontario all have a smoker or have Low & Slow on the BBQ?

I have a 30 inch MasterBuilt Electric Smoker and got it the end of June 2013.

I have so far done Ribs 3 times, a Ham Roast, some Garlic, Pork Chops and a 2 chickens.

Chime in and make your presence known, please.
Dave
Ding a Ling ON
Canada
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 15:30
Welcome to Foods of the World, Dave. Why don't you go over to the Members Lounge forum and tell us a little about yourself.

Meanwhile, while there are many of us at this site who smoke and barbecue, few of us are from Ontario.

Our forums are broken down so as to highlight the cuisines of various areas and cooking types, but do not mean only people from those regions hang out there.

So, if you peruse the forums, you'll note there is one specifically devoted to grilling, smoking, etc. You'll probably find that a better place to share your interest.

I'm intrigued by your reference to a ham roast. Was that a fresh ham that you smoked? Or something different?

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 15:39
Hi, Dave! We've got a couple of Canadian members - one of them, AK1, posts quite frequently and loves to barbecue, so I know that he will be chiming in soon.

I do quite a bit of barbecue as well here in Montana and always enjoy sharing ideas and information. My pit is an offset charcoal or stick burner, and I've made some great things with it.

If you take a look at the Grilling/Barbecue section, you'll find all kids of good things - also, many of teh geographical areas have some really good regional foods cooked over fire. It seems that everyone, in every corner of the world, loves to barbecue - they just call it something different!

Please also feel free to drop into the New Members Lounge and introduce yourself - we're glad to ahve you here and look forward to learning from you and sharing with you!

Ron
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
AK1 View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 05:21
Did I hear me name mentioned!

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Yep, I love Q'in low and slow.
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 05:34
I also do a lot of "Q" Dave...I use a GOSM big block and a Traeger Texas grill, along with an A-maz-n smoker for that little extra when I want it. 

I'll smoke just about anything, from salts and spices, nuts, obviously Boston butt, brisket, ribs, beef roast, chicken, salmon etc.

Always happy to discuss smoking or sausage making with anybody.
Go ahead...play with your food!
gonefishin View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 08:42
   I love to smoke too...but I'm not in Ontario.  My current smoker is a BackWoods Fatboy...there is nothing like low and slow!

Dan
Enjoy The Food!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic