Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The US and Canada > Eastern Canada
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The most beautiful and best Algerian baklava in th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

The most beautiful and best Algerian baklava in th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manel 81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most beautiful and best Algerian baklava in th
    Posted: 22 April 2014 at 23:35
Hello everybody,
it's my first time to participate in this forum, and I am happy to share my experience in kitchen with you.
Today I 'll show u how to make the most beautiful Algerian Baklava in the world.
The video that u will see it's done by me and my husband.
I am here to listen from u any comments

ClapClapClap
cooking is my passion, traveling is my hobby, learning new things in life is my desire. Helping people is the best thing that we can do in our life
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 05:43
Welcome to our little corner of the culinary world, Manel. That's a great video you put together. Obviously you're going to be an asset to our group. And maybe learn from us as well.

You might want to run over to the Member's Lounge forum and tell us a little about yourself: where you live, the sorts of foods you particularly like, etc.

africanmeat View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote africanmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 11:21
amazing 
Ahron
manel 81 View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manel 81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 11:56
Hi,
I am from Algeria, and in our country we have a lot of traditional food ( from the east west, north and south and of course Algiers which is the capital city.
I have been teacher for 8 years but now i am housewife. I like to cook and specially making Algerian sweets. so I started to video my recipe. and this is it.Smile
I wish u will like my recipes.
Manel 
cooking is my passion, traveling is my hobby, learning new things in life is my desire. Helping people is the best thing that we can do in our life
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 18:21
Hello, Manel, and welcome to the Foods of the World Forum! Clap

Thank you for sharing how to make your beautiful Baklava, we are very appreciative! Please feel free to make yourself at home here, to jump into any conversations or ask any questions. If you need anything, just ask.

I am looking forward to learning from you about your food traditions and hope to share some with you, as well.

In friendship - 

Ron
Chinook, Montana USA
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
manel 81 View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manel 81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 00:40
Thanks a lotSmile
pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 09:04
Oh how I love baklava. One of these days I'm going to get up the nerve to attempt to make it. I'm just afraid my attempt won't measure up to the real stuff. 
Mike
Life in PitRow - My often neglected, somewhat eccentric, occasionally outstanding blog
manel 81 View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manel 81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 11:41
Hi,
I am sure if you follow the steps you will get the same results but for how to make the dough you can see my first video about making the Baklava dough 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_PNgw66xU&list=PLF1ZbqCh_rQaDVLDSMMpkbHV2CkBLoPFX
I can't wait to see your BaklavaSmile 
Manel 81
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2014 at 17:23

Hello Manel 81,

Fantastic Video. Thank you for sharing it with Foods of the World Fórum.

Though I do not have a huge sweet tooth, as we say, and prefer salty snacks, I am quite fond of Greek Baklava after having lived there for two years.

Merits the excellence and thank you for posting.

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
manel 81 View Drop Down
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manel 81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 13:29
I am so happy to hear from you.
I have a lot of Algerian recipes I'll be so happy if you try them in your kitchenClap

gonefishin View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonefishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 16:50
   What a wonderful job you did on that step by step video!  Then the lovely final product...it looks simply divine!

I've got to give this a try, per your instructions...

thanks! 
Enjoy The Food!
HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 18:45
I have a lot of Algerian recipes I'll be so happy if you try them in your kitchen

Bring 'em on, Manel. Although I'm familiar with all North African food, I'm mostly involved with Moroccan. It would be interesting to compare and contrast the two cuisines, especially as Morocco lacks the heavy French influence of Algeria.

When you post your recipes, please put them in the North African forum.

And don't confine your posts just to the recipes. A discussion about Algerian cuisine---basic ingredients, outside influences, methods and techniques, etc.---is just as valuable as the recipes themselves.
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic