Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Latin America > Mexico and Central America
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Beef and Cheese Enchiladas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exploreralpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beef and Cheese Enchiladas
    Posted: 13 April 2010 at 20:05
Alright, here is my first attempt to upload for a meal...

NOTE: I did not use everything pictured, I haven't made this in a while, and got a bit more than strictly necessary.

First off, dice your onion...

Second... Fry up the ground beef with the onion...

Third... prepare the taco seasoning per the instructions

Next...

Once you fry up the ground beef and onions, drain off excess fat. Then add in the taco seasoning.

Next... time to start the assembly line. Get the ground beef, the tortillas (you can use flour or corn, if you use corn tortillas, you heat them in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, about 10 seconds on each side, so they become pliable and won't break apart when you assemble)

Next...

I actually overfilled this one a bit, when you are assembling, it doesn't take very much at all, just about 2 or three tablespoons of meat....

Then... the cheese, again, just a dab will do ya

Next, you roll it up, try to make it compact...

and repeat and repeat and repeat until you are done...

But then again, you aren't done... yet. I had a little bit of meat left, so I sprinkled it on top of the completed enchiladas..... then you pour on the sauce. In the future, we can make a homemade red enchilada sauce, I'm using Old El Paso, which is a good sauce, just a little spicy for my taste...

Next, the cheese....

Looks great doesn't it???

Throw it in the oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes...

And out comes....

Beautiful isn't it? Tasty too...

Below is a serving...

This is with quick mexican rice, and refried beans (I know how they look, yuk, but the kids like it)

So, the final tally for this meal was....

2 lbs ground beef
one medium onion
1 packet of McCormic taco seasoning.
15 total flour tortillas
3 cans of Old El Paso enchilada sauce
2 packages about 4 cups of shredded colby jack cheese, although if you get a good deal on the mexican blend cheese, go for that.

Hope you enjoy the meal...

Aaron

Sponsored Links

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 21:55
hey, guys - believe it or not, i am actually eating one of these enchiladas as i type, and i can say without a doubt that this is great stuff! very well executed and they look great, too! the rice has a great flavour and this one is a definite home run out of the park! great job, aaron!

jdonly1 View Drop Down
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdonly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 01:35
Another 1 to tryBeer
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 02:47
Looks like a great meal! I love to do enchiladas with leftover pulled pork.
Go ahead...play with your food!
3montes View Drop Down
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3montes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 06:56
Very nice job Aaron and a excellent tutorial. Looks very tasty too! I don't think it's fair ron gets to eat some and the rest of us don't! LOL
"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch."- James Beard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic