Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > The Tools of the Trade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Vertical Electric Rotisserie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vertical Electric Rotisserie
    Posted: 02 November 2015 at 19:13
First chicken turned out very nicely. I basted it with homemade barbecue sause as it cooked, and results were - as they say - finger-lickin'! 

One thing I don't like is that the minimum temperature is 3550 degrees (to a maximum of 500), but aside from that, this is a pretty good little unit! 
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Sponsored Links

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 18:17
That's definitely on the list, Dave! 

Lamb is a bit difficult to come by here - or, I should say, is rather expensive; however, I'm thinking a beef or beef/pork mixture will work just fine.
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 02:03
You could make a nice big gyros on that vertical one Ron...Thumbs Up
Nice score!
Go ahead...play with your food!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 19:17
Hey, all -

I've had an "old-school" electric rotisserie (Open Hearth by Farberware) for years - I am sure many of you have seen them, possibly in your mother's, grandmother's or aunt's kitchen. It looks very similar to this, except for some colour differences:

I was in the mood to rotisserie something this weekend, but since we were going to be out of town for part of the day, I decided to use the electric so that all my older son had to do was baste it now and then, rather than tend a fire etc. 

Alas, when I went to get my trusty Farberware rotisserie, it appeared that some pieces might be missing (or actually temporarily misplaced, knowing my house). I thought that might put off my spin-cooking for the foreseeable future, until I found the pieces again - but then while scrolling through the local yard sale on FaceBook, I found this for almost nothing (sample photo):

The price was right, so I picked it up; I'm hoping to try it this weekend with a chicken or a pork loin, but maybe I will get crazy and do something else. I haven't had a chance to look through it yet, and I am sure that a few of the "extras" are missing such as the kabob skewers etc., but not big deal.

More later ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic