Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Africa > East Africa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Ethiopea Meets Mexico

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethiopea Meets Mexico
    Posted: 23 April 2010 at 04:39
Having a bunch of the wonderful Ethiopean Berbere spice paste left over (See how to make it here), I got an idea the other night for a quick international supper- Ethiopea meets Mexico!

It was easy -  I simply spread a generous amount of the rich, dusky, and incredibly flavorful Berbere paste on a large flour tortilla, then sprinkled it with a Mexican style cheese blend and some mozzarella. Then, into the oven it went at 350F for a few minutes until the cheese melted and the tortilla got warm. Once out, I slathered on some salsa from a famous local restaurant chain along with some guacamole. The I rolled that baby up, and put a little more guacamole and salsa on top.

Along with a few chips on the side to scoop up the drippin's, my international feast was complete. Definitely one of my better inventions and proof that the Berbere paste has many, many uses.  
Sponsored Links

Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 05:00
Outstanding fusion there John...imagine if you'd had some leftover pulled pork, or chicken to go with it too? Nice job!
Now I'm going to have to make some paste Wink
Go ahead...play with your food!
got14u View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got14u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 06:56
Way to go john....That sounds great !
Jerod

Life's hard, it's even harder when your stupid.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 07:17
sounds very delicious ~ i can just imagine the colours!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic