Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to the Foods of the World Forum > New Members' Lounge, Announcements and Site Assistance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Defunct Photo Bucket & Missing Photos on Fotw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defunct Photo Bucket & Missing Photos on Fotw
    Posted: 20 September 2017 at 03:57

Attention To The Founder & Dave Hoser, 

As you are both well aware, Photo Bucket no longer permits 3rd site posting of one´s saved photographs to fórums,  Facebook or any other 3rd site ..

With this in mind. many of the Fotw photographs are no longer posted in our threads ..

What are the common solutions, to be able to post photographs with our posts on Fotw ? 

Thank you for your attention .. 

Have a nice day .. 

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2017 at 08:40
Hi, Margi -

I meant to get back to you on this, but forgot. I apologize for that...it's been a long summer!

We have been discussing a few options here:

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards.net/possible-alternatives-to-photobucket_topic4840.html

I am also thinking that there MIGHT be a solution for the members who use Google Drive/Google Photos, but I am not quite sure, yet. When I know more, I'll post about that.

Mike (PitRow) also found a possible solution:

Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

I heard...that if you add ~original to the end of the image url it fools photobucket into displaying the image even if you are restricted.

To be honest, we're just not 100% sure (yet) what the best solution is, yet. GracoMan's post (on the thread that I linked above) is probably the most "solid" solution that I can see at this point, but if my Google idea ends up working correctly, it might be good, too.

I wish I had more news....

Ron

If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic