Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > Around the Kitchen Table
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Super Bowl Sunday Chow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunhaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Bowl Sunday Chow
    Posted: 04 February 2018 at 09:25
Curious as to what everyone is cooking for big game day? We're doing Jambalaya, Buffalo Chicken sliders with creamy coleslaw, sweet/sesame chicken wings, and your ever basic cheese and sausage plate, deviled eggs, assorted veggies and dip - And of course good beer and excellent hard cider! I don't care so much about the game! But i do enjoy the annual overindulgence of family favorites, nibbles, and homebrews! 
Sponsored Links

Percebes View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percebes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 17:32
Philly Cheesesteak stuffed Peppers
Cold beer
Snowstorm outside my window

Only by coincidence Big smile
I am a wine enthusiast. The more wine I drink, the more enthusiastic I become.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 10:01
We had a pretty good spread; not everything that we had been planning on, but almost.

I roasted a pork shoulder barbecue style overnight Saturday; it turned out really, really well, and served for pulled pork sandwiches. We also put out the fixin's for Cuban sandwiches, so it did double duty in that regard. Aside from that, there was also all the meats and cheeses for "regular' submarine/hero sandwiches.

My "big" project for the game was to make a beer mustard, then a beer-cream cheese, then home-made pretzels. All turned out good - more on those individual projects to be posted on separate threads.

The Beautiful Mrs Tas made a concoction with barbecue sauce and grape jelly, then simmered Little Smokies in it all day. There was also a pasta salad that she made from scratch and home-made ranch and French onion dip to go with the various chips.

If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic