Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > The Library
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Savory Baking from the Mediterranean

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savory Baking from the Mediterranean
    Posted: 01 August 2018 at 14:16
Today, while browsing around, I came across Savory Baking from the Mediterranean, by Anissa Helou; it really loks like a good book, so I figured I would share it here:

http://a.co/hsGJU82

(Please follow the link and read about this book - doing so helps this forum pay for itself! )

Quote The Mediterranean is full of varied and diverse cuisines, but the one thing they all share is a basic reliance on bread. From Italian focaccia and French brioche to Lebanese tabouneh (sourdough pita) and Egyptian fiteer (flatbread), bread is the single most important staple in Mediterranean diets, and serves as the foundation for countless other savory dishes. In Savory Baking from the Mediterranean, Anissa Helou presents a collection of classic and favorite recipes that will provide home cooks with a broad overview of Mediterranean savory baking, from countless variations on flatbreads like pita, focaccia, and lavash, to raised breads such as French Bacon Bread, Greek Spinach and Olive Bread, and Italian Nut Bread. In addition, she offers recipes for a wide variety of pies, tarts, and savory pastries, such as calzones, empanadas, pizzas, and spanakopita.

I'm very tempted to get it...but I have so many other books already that need to be read!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 14:56
Looks good. Had I not just ordered five other cookbooks I'd be tempted.

I see there are used copies starting at less than five bucks. Hmmmmmmm.....
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 14:57
Originally posted by Brook Brook wrote:

see there are used copies starting at less than five bucks. Hmmmmmmm.....

Great minds think alike!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic