Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > The Tools of the Trade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Does anyone know anything about Mac Knives?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone know anything about Mac Knives?
    Posted: 24 September 2018 at 16:24
They look pretty good to me, and the price looks like something I might actually be able to afford someday:

http://a.co/d/cxAMq9c

Was wondering if anyone had any experiences with them, good or bad.

Thanks in advance -

Ron
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 07:10
Just as part of the Three Penny Opera. Ya know; Mack the Knife. Ermm

Seriously, they are found in many professional kitchens. They're inexpensive, hold an edge fairly well, and, for most people, are comfortable in the hand. 

Personally, I don't care for the product descriptions. The big one is not a carving knife, and the filet is anything but.  

As usual, I wouldn't buy the four-piece kit, myself, preferring to go with individual options. For instance, for me the angled handle, on a paring knife, just doesn't work. There's a distinct lack of control when the handle and blade are not aligned. 

Again, personal bias: I would never order an unfamiliar knife on-line.  I want to play with a knife in the store, going through all the motions of cutting, and chopping, to see how it fits.  Any knife store worth its stainless will let you do that. The better ones even bring out a potato or an onion, so you don't have to simulate the action, you actually do it. 
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2018 at 12:26
A good post, Brook - thanks ~ lots of things I didn't think about, but they make perfect sense!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic