Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Europe > Italy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Piedmontese Bunet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyPinchofItaly.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piedmontese Bunet
    Posted: 16 April 2019 at 11:49
Bunet it's a sort of pudding 'dolce al cucchiaio' of Piemonte region, precisely from Langhe area, and it is prepared using amaretti biscuits (cookies), unsweetened cocoa powder, coffee (optional), sugar, milk, then covered with caramel.
I made it some days ago, my first attempt, not bad indeed.

it is baked in the oven for about 30 or even 40 minutes (depending on the oven, everyone is a bit different) in a bain-marie.

www.mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Sponsored Links

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 13:01
Chocolate, coffee and caramel - three of my favourite things!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
MyPinchofItaly.co.uk View Drop Down
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyPinchofItaly.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2019 at 06:31
I'll post the recipe soon..it's very easy to prepare and very good indeed
That' s a pudding that I've often ate when I studied in Turin.
www.mypinchofitaly.co.uk
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2019 at 09:33
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
MyPinchofItaly.co.uk View Drop Down
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyPinchofItaly.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:20
Finally, here is the bunet recipe.

Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30-40 mins

• Amaretti biscuits: 50 g
  • Milk: 250 ml
  • Rum: 44 ml or Coffee: 40 ml
  • Eggs: 3 whole + 1 yolk
  • Sugar, granulated or brown: 8 tbsp
  • Cocoa powder, unsweetened: 2 tbsp

Method

Beat up the eggs in a bowl. Add the amaretti, the milk, the rum, half of the sugar, the cocoa powder and whisk everything together vigorously.

Tip: The mixture will be very liquid at this point – don’t worry, your pudding will turn out just fine!

To prepare the caramel, put no more than a finger of water in a saucepan, along with the reamining sugar. Heat up over medium heat until the sugar melts and turns light-brown. Lower the heat to avoid burning the sugar and keep stirring until the caramel is clear and without lumps.

Pour the caramel into your pudding moulds and make sure the bottom of the mould is evenly covered. Wait for the caramel to cool down and harden at room temperature.

Pour the pudding mixture into the moulds, over the caramel. The pudding must cook in a bain-marie: take an oven tray with high edges, place the moulds inside and pour water in the tray until the bottom of the tray is completely covered and only 2,5 cm of the pudding moulds are outside of the water.

Bake at 180°C for 30 to 40 minutes.

Tip: To check whether your pudding is ready, check it after 30 minutes by lightly touching its surface with a teaspoon. If the teaspoon bounces off the surface of the pudding, your bunet is ready!

Leave the pudding to cool down at room temperature before serving. You can garnish the bunet with some crumbled or whole Amaretti.

www.mypinchofitaly.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic