Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Latin America > The Caribbean Islands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dutch, Caribbean, African and Southeast Asian....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Dutch, Caribbean, African and Southeast Asian....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dutch, Caribbean, African and Southeast Asian....
    Posted: 26 January 2023 at 09:09
Same here Ron, I have the book sitting in the nightstand next to my bed, but I haven't gotten around to actually making anything from it yet.
Mike
Life in PitRow - My often neglected, somewhat eccentric, occasionally outstanding blog
Sponsored Links

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 19:17
Not yet, Mike, although I saw a ton of great things in it. 

When spring arrives, I'll be able to see what survived the hiatus. If necessary, I'll re-order the book. 
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 08:43
Ron, have you tried anything from this book yet? I haven't had a chance yet. 
Mike
Life in PitRow - My often neglected, somewhat eccentric, occasionally outstanding blog
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 09:19
What's not to love?

Not long ago, Mike (PitRow) showed me a book that he had picked up:

It could have been the title, the cover art, or just the idea of all of those different influences - or a combination of everything - but I knew I would have to get a copy, as well.

Mine arrived yesterday, and with just a quick glance through it, I was not disappointed. It's available on Amazon for pennies, almost, and is worth much more. I figured I would pass it along, in case anyone else might be interested.

I'm really looking forward to making a few recipes from it, and excited to learn more about this aspect of Caribbean foodways.

Thanks, Mike!

Ron
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic