Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Asia > The Middle East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Pomegranate Salmon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pomegranate Salmon
    Posted: 10 October 2019 at 08:28

This is a lovely and simplified modern versión of a Persian prepared récipe from  Author Sabrina Ghayour.

POMEGRANATE SALMON .. 

500 - 600 Grams of fresh Salmon (I use wild Scottish Salmon) 
40 to 50 grams of Fresh Pomegranate Seeds or one can use a jarred Pomegranate Juice
50 - 70 Ml.  Ecological Honey
2 tsps. of air dried crumbled cayenne chili peppers (called Guindillas in all Latin Supermarket Sections)
1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
Freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
Evoo ( Italian, Greek or Spanish ):  Use a sparingly amount or drizzle inside the marinade.  2 or 3 tablespoons depending on the amount of salmon.  

1)  Combine the honey, the chili  peppers crumbled finely, Evoo and cinnamon in a large glass bowl.
2) Then season with the black freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt of choice to taste.
3) Now place the salmon large chunks or large strips into the bowl and turn to coat them in the marinade. 
4) Marinate for 20 minutes and pre heat oven to 240 Degrees Centigrade and line a large baking tray with baking paper.  And place the salmon on the baking paper.
5) Bake to your likeness of rare or médium rare ..  

Serve with a lovely glass of Sparkling White Wine and some gorgeous rustic baguette and a lovely salad of choice as a starter.

Very lovely.

NOTE:  One can also use Molasses Pomegrante if they wish. However, we use the honey suggested by the Author. 

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 01:29
Margi,

When does the evoo go in, and in about what quantity?

Otherwise, sounds really nice. 
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 09:02

Historic Foodie,
Sorry my colleague.  Place a drizzle or 2 in the Marinade.  Depending on the amount of salmon, a couple of tablespoons ..  I re - edited the récipe to indicate.
This récipe is from Sabrina´s cookbook:   Festive Bites.  I like her récipes as they are quite simple. 
It is very lovely !  You can also Sub Molasses instead of honey if you like that profile. 
I used a little less of everything as I had prepared it for myself from Sabrina´s Cookbook and was doing a "testing" ..   
Have a wonderful weekend.

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 08:53
Thanks, Margi.

I think I''d sub pomegranate molasses, to maintain the flavor profile.

Pomegranates are in season right now, so the timing on this is perfect. 
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 05:52

Historic Foodie,

Yes, they are in season here too ..

Surely it is quite lovely !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic