Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > Around the Kitchen Table
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Game Day Snacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game Day Snacks
    Posted: 02 February 2020 at 19:08
I'm not a sports fan, so didn't watch the game nor attend a super-bowl party. But for those who did, I'm curious what you put out for game day snacks?
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
Sponsored Links

Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 03:59
New york style wieners with mustard, meat sauce, onions and celery salt here. 

Go ahead...play with your food!
pitrow View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 10:42
We ordered some pizza. That was the extent of it. No one in the house other than me watches football, and I'm not really into it that much. I do watch the super bowl, mostly for the commercials, and I don't have a team to root for or anything like that. I caught the last half of this years' while doing some house cleaning. Not the worst game I've ever seen. The halftime show was atrocious though. I asked my wife if it was a contest to see who could be the biggest slut.
Mike
Life in PitRow - My often neglected, somewhat eccentric, occasionally outstanding blog
Tom Kurth View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Kurth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 15:33
Being BIG Chiefs fans and beings how it is Kansas City area, we did barbecue. Did my cooking Saturday: a rack of babybacks and a small piece of brisket. The ribs were probably as good as any I've ever done--an ancho rub, smoked with mesquite and served with either Sweet Baby Rays or (my favorite) Stubbs sauce. The Stubbs sauce seems to have special affinity for mesquite bbq--must be the Texas thing and the ancho rub. That combo worked well with the brisket as well. It was a little dry so I reheated it with some chicken broth, turned out just fine. Made my mom's dill pickle potato salad to accompany.

Sorry, no actual snacks.

Kansas City
Best,
Tom

Escape to Missouri
Tom Kurth View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Kurth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 15:35
P.S. We liked the outcome of the game, too.
Best,
Tom

Escape to Missouri
Wannabebwana View Drop Down
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabebwana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 19:36
Sounds good, Tom.

We had arrived back from a Cuban holiday at 5 am so I wasn’t even up to doing my annual SB pub night.  Even the grocery store deli was out of chicken wings.  Slavyanka thought a roast chicken was a good substitute.

I ended up just snacking on some of my spicy venison pepperettes, along with some Brie cheese, fresh baguette and Black Cow vodka: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cow_Vodka
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic