Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Europe > Germany
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Spätzle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spätzle
    Posted: 29 July 2010 at 09:13
My favorite German side dish: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/german-spaetzle-dumplings/Detail.aspx

Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 17:11
I love spaetzle too! Did you make it and take pictures?
Melissa Mead View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 17:28
Nope, just had it in a restaurant. I'm an infamously bad cook, just fascinated by multicultural food. I'm going to see if I can get a copy of my grandma's German potato pancake recipe, though.
got14u View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got14u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 08:37
oh we need that !!!!!
Originally posted by Melissa Mead Melissa Mead wrote:

Nope, just had it in a restaurant. I'm an infamously bad cook, just fascinated by multicultural food. I'm going to see if I can get a copy of my grandma's German potato pancake recipe, though.
Jerod

Life's hard, it's even harder when your stupid.
Boilermaker View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 18:47
My grandmother made spaetzle by dropping partial spoonfuls of the dough into boiling water or broth, I cheat and put the dough into a potato ricer, much faster and easier.  Next time I make it I will put up a tutorial thread with pics.  Delicious old-world stuff! 
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 22:34
andy - i'll be looking forward to that. spaezel, which is very similar to slovak haluski, is something i've been wanting to try for a long time, and intend to try with our next homemade chicken soup!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:47
hey, melissa and andy - any news on the spaetzel front?
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 18:10
Nope, sorry. No potato pancakes yet, either. I tried making potato kugel, but it was a flop.
got14u View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got14u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 08:02
all ya can do is keep tryin, no shame in that and there is always McDee's if it doesn't work....that's happened here a couple of times
Jerod

Life's hard, it's even harder when your stupid.
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Mead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 16:34
The kugel was edible, but... bleah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic