Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Food-Related Topics > The FOTW Farmer's Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Where To Get Duke's Mayonnaise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where To Get Duke's Mayonnaise
    Posted: 08 August 2010 at 15:13
Boilermaker put up a great post on cornmeal mush that got lots of folks interested, involved and discussing good food, along with a side discussion on a regional specialty- Duke's Mayonnaise. Here's what WIKI has to say on the item:

Duke's Mayonnaise is a popular product in the southeastern United States and an integral part of regional favorites such as tomato sandwiches, cole slaw, and potato salad. It was created by Mrs. Eugenia Duke of Greenville, South Carolina, in 1917. Since its creation Duke's has never changed the original recipe. The product is unique among similar condiments in that it is completely natural and contains no sugar. As such, many southern cooks and chefs use only Duke's in their kitchens as it offers a more traditional, less sweet taste than other mayos.

C.F. Sauer Company purchased the Duke's Products in 1929.

Since it is a highly regarded item and sought after, I found an online store that carries it and makes it available to everyone. Here's the link:

Be aware that one taste and you will be hooked!
Sponsored Links

Boilermaker View Drop Down
Chef
Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boilermaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 19:24
Duke's is THE mayo.  I have a couple jars here for Rivet in his care package.  Fortunately, when I was growing up in Indiana we could get Duke's there as well.  If you haven't tried it I would encourage you to do so, Kraft, Hellman's, etc are a pale imitation.  I told Rivet that when I was growing up one of my best friend's fathers used to eat it with a spoon out of the jar as a snack.  I wouldn't go that far but  it is good stuff!

Andy
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 13:37
Duke's MAyonnaise is also available on Amazon:

http://a.co/d/6w6RvI0

And at Target:

https://www.target.com/p/duke-s-real-smooth-creamy-mayonnaise-32oz/-/A-14776644

As always, clicking and purchasing through these links helps the forum pay for itself, so if you're looking to try this mayonnaise and it can't be found locally, please do buy it via these links.

Thanks!

If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2019 at 10:33

What I have encountered, as I had never heard of this Brand of Mayonnaise before, is the color.
Most brands are " Off White "  color, not snow White.

DukeĀ“s is a very pale Ivory tone  or  the  palest icy hue of  Dijon mustard tone ..  

I  use 2 Brands. one  made in Southern Spain which is 100% natural bio or 2ndly, a  Brand from France which is ecological or 3rdly prepare my own, time permitting !!  

Interesting read.  

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic