Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The US and Canada > American Barbecue, Grilling and Smoke-Cooked Foods
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Grilled Garlic Potatoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grilled Garlic Potatoes
    Posted: 11 July 2013 at 09:45
Ron and I have been discussing this recipe privately, and he suggested it was time I posted it. Now that he's untwisted my arm from behind my back, so I can type, here it is.

This is an approach rather than purely a recipe. You can increase (or decrease) the amounts.

Start with large Idaho potatoes. You can peel them or not as you choose. I usually don't.

For each potato you'll need:

4 plump garlic cloves, sliced.
Salt & Pepper
Spray Olive oil
3-4 sprigs parsley
3-4 springs fresh rosemary
Butter.

Cut the potato in half along its equator to create two pieces 2-2 1/2 inches long. Cut each half into largish julienne. With the size potatoes I use, I usually cut each half into four flats, each flat into four "French fries."

Butter a sheet of foil. Spread the potato sticks in the center, forming a rough log shape. While probably not necessary, I spray them at this point with olive oil to prevent oxidation.

Sprinkle the garlic slices evenly over the spuds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. The lay a few parsley sprigs on top, followed by a few rosemary sprigs. I usually criss-cross them. Dot the whole thing with butter.

Seal the package well, using crimp seals, to assure it doesn't leak.

Cook on a hot bed of coals, close to the heat, 15 minutes. Turn the package and cook an additional 15 minutes.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links

Hoser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 01:54
Sure sounds like my kind of cooking there Brook.
Only thing better than roasted garlic is more roasted garlic.Wink
Go ahead...play with your food!
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 09:04
Thanks for posting, Brook ~ I will be on this one for sure!
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic